Video Storm NetPlay 4K video receiver and media player
VRX042 is the Video Storm 4K NetPlay Pro decoder solution optimized for commercial environments.
NetPlay Pro allows you to distribute live protected HDMI content across your standard Ethernet network.
This next generation technology will completely replace HDMI matrix switching,
delivering new features, flexibility, scalability, and an integrated user experience. FREE Control4, RTI, and Savant drivers.
Video Storm Netplay Video Pro is the ultimate solution for
your commercial installations to include
video wall, signage and tiling. Please see our
NetPlay Pro Commercial
page to quote your systems today!
VRX042 is the receiver units that mounts on the back of the TV. One VRX042 is used for each TV in your system.
Thinking about installing a HDMI/HDBaseT matrix switch? Click here to see
why Netplay AV is better.
Netplay Pro features
Live HDMI video streaming via any standard IP network.
- Supports all video formats up to 4Kp60 with HDR
- Live HDMI (HDCP) streaming over your local 100Mbps network
- Unlimited scalability. Build the exact solution
you need and add sources or TVs at any time (up to 1000 sources & TVs)
- One encoder per HDMI source (VTX100
is our NetPlay Pro encoder solution)
- One decoder per TV (VRX042 is our NetPlay decoder
- IP cameras (h.264,
h.265, or MJPEG) integrate directly
without needed to buy VTX100 (up to 4K)
- Support for inexpensive 3rd party sources such as
HDHomeRun cable / terrestrial sources, and network video recorders
- NetPlay Audio
is BUILT IN. You get a full streaming audio solution
inside your video distribution system
- Supports all major audio formats (DTS, Dolby, AAC, PCM, etc)
- Video automatically scaled and/or deinterlaced at each decoder
- TV never has to resync
- Every TV always receives the highest resolution
- Best audio stream automatically selected or downmixed at each decoder
- Simulataeous support for multichannel and
- Play up to 6 streams at once on your TV (3x2 video grid and tiling feature)
- Fully sychronized customizable video wall support
(up to 36 displays). Not yet supported.
- Stream live video directly to mobile devices
- Play any media files stored in NAS libraries
- Customizable Digital Signage including full HTML5 and WebGL support
at each TV via VRX042 (IR can be added to VRX042 with
- Advanced Bluray (h.264) and Ultra Bluray (h.265) codecs for the highest video quality
Videos showing basic and advanced features of our NetPlay
Home automation features
Ethernet control features allow external control of
NetPlay matrix, your TV,
and VRX042 by supported control systems or mobile apps.
- Full integration in Control4 and RTI.
- Ethernet to CEC: Control your TV via Ethernet using
CEC built into the HDMI connection
- Ethernet to Local Apps: Control local Android apps (such as Kodi)
- Ethernet to IR: Control any external IR
device (such as TV, receivers, etc) from supported control systems (with
- IR to Ethernet: Send local IR commands back to
supported control systems or forwarded directly to sources
- Ethernet to GUI: Send notifications and user
messages to the local display from supported control systems
Commercial Android platform
VRX042 uses a
stable custom Android platform to provide both easy installation, stablity, and
- Optimized for fast installation
- Pre installed software: NetPlay TV, IRUSB, and Kodi are
- NetPlay software can be updated directly from NetPlay Manager.
No need to connect to Google Play!
- Pre authorized connections: No need to accept connections
from NetPlay Manager using screen confirmations
- Latest OS pre installed: You won't have to wait for OS
- Plug in, power up, and ID it with NetPlay Manager. It is
- Firmware updates only when you want them. No need to update if
you don't want new features
- Screen sharing from your mobile devices direct to VRX042
- Install 3rd party apps via ADB
- Local control using IR or wireless remotes
- Centralized control using NetPlay Mobile or 3rd party control
VRX042 features a two USB host ports for expandability. Supported
modules include wireless remotes & keyboards, external storage, and IRUSB.
IR transmitter and receiver
We are continuously improving and adding capabilities to this product through new
internal and 3rd party software. All new features can be easily enabled
by running our web updater and then selecting the desired features through the
web config interface. Some features on the website may be work in
progress, and other new features may not be shown here. Here is the
latest NetPlay feature support matrix.
- VRX042 device
NetPlay TV license (unless excluded)
- Power supply
- HDMI and AV cables
- IR remote control
- 1 year warranty on device, 30 day warranty on cables, power supply
- HDMI output
Autoconfigable resolution from 480p up to 4Kp60
High Dynamic Range supported (HDR)
CEC bidirectional control
Digital audio support, including multichannel audio formats
Supports streaming AV from NetPlay AV encoders
HDCP copy protection to enable support for DRM content
- Digital Audio
Optical digital audio port
Support Stereo & multichannel PCM, bitstream audio
RJ45 autosensing network jack, 10/100/1000 Mbps
Integrated wifi adapter
DHCP or static IP addressing (DHCP recommended)
2 x USB 2.0 host ports
Built in support for most peripherals (keyboards, remotes, mouse,
bluetooth, wifi, mics, hubs, etc)
5VDC power (10W max)
Infrared input via integrated receiver (IR remote included)
Optional IR transreceiver
- Flexible, open platform
Android based system with support for
3rd party apps & mobile screen sharing
Black plastic enclosure
Small enough to easily mount behind TV:
4" x 4" x 1"
- Internal design
High speed quad core 64b processor and hardware accelerated AV datapath
Android 11 operating system with
internal flash storage (uSD card slot for additional memory)
Fully digital datapath
Software license FAQs:
All VRX042 NetPlay licenses are tied to the NetPlay Manager
(NVMM) hardware in your system.
When you receive NetPlay Manager, please complete the software registration in
order to bind your new NetPlay licenses to your NetPlay Manager.
NetPlay TV and NetPlay Mobile licenses are perpetual lifetime
licenses. New releases with new features may require additional payment to
enable the new functionality. However, there is
no requirement to purchase these new features in order to continue using your
software licenses (without the new features).
Licenses are not attached to individual Android streaming
media boxes or TVs. Your NetPlay Manager will verify if you have
sufficient licenses for the number of sink devices you enable in the system.
This means you can easily swap Android streaming media boxes without changing
Licenses may be transferred between NetPlay Manager hardwares.
In the case of hardware failure inside the warranty period, there is no charge
for this service. In other cases, there is a small charge for this
service. In all cases, the NetPlay Manager hardware you are transferring
from must be surrendered to Video Storm LLC.
Licenses may be refunded within the return period for the NetPlay Manager or VRX020 hardware they are assigned to. If the NetPlay Manager or VRX020 is outside its return period, the NetPlay licenses are no longer refundable. The NetPlay Manager or VRX020 hardware must be returned to Video Storm LLC in order to refund the NetPlay TV and NetPlay Mobile licenses.
- For each system, purchase a NetPlay Manager (NVMM). In conjunction, you need to purchase VRX042 corresponding to this device in the same online purchase order. A single order of NVMM and VRX042 cannot be split between multiple systems.
- If you are just adding more VRX042 to an existing NetPlay video system, you can purchase the additional units for the same system in a single new order. Please make sure you already have the NetPlay Manager (NVMM) as you will need it to register the new VRX042 licenses.
- This product with its license is compatible with NetPlay Manager or an existing VRX020 with a NetPlay Mobile license.
VRX042 is only available through authorized dealers
Registration steps + License fetch
NetPlay Protocol manual (pdf document)
Dealers please login and
CLICK HERE to order
ITEM IN STOCK.
Must login to see pricing.